It will be irritating for you to replace a burnt bulb when it is installed in a ceiling fan with a light fixture. Changing a bulb in a Hunter ceiling fan is the same case. Although the lighting fixtures in the fans are of different varieties, still they can be removed the same way. The globes fix to the lighting either with a center cover cap or with screws. Some screws are not clearly visible because they are hidden behind a decorative ring, and some of them are visible.
How to Change a Light Bulb in a Hunter Sconce Light Kit
- The first step is to put a step stool under your Hunter ceiling fan so you will be able to access the light kit easily.
- After that, find the three screws attaching each sconce to the light. The screws heads are round and devoid of slots. Use your fingers to turn the screws counterclockwise.
- Pull every sconce out from the Hunter unit. To remove the bulb from the socket, turn each light bulb in a counterclockwise direction.
- Install a new bulb into the socket until it is fixed. Now, put the sconce against the light kit and tighten the three screws in an even manner to tighten the sconce to the fixture.
How to Change the Bulb in a Hunter Bowl Light Kit
- The first step is to set up a step stool under your Hunter ceiling fan and hold the bottom of the bowl fixture cover with one hand.
- After that, turn the small decorative stem counterclockwise available in the middle of the bowl using your fingers and detach it from the fixture.
- Lower the bowl cover and bottom center cover of the bowl in a gentle manner, enabling them to restrict them over the chain handles.
- Replace the bad light bulb with a new one after removing the existing one.
- Raise the center cover and bowl cover over the threaded stem of the fixture and hold them in a stable way using one hand. Thread the stem cover over the stem unless it is secured to hold the bowl cover.
How to Replace a Light Bulb in a Hunter Dome Fixture
- The first step is to put a step stool under your Hunter fan. Find the upper edge of the decorative right cover. The ring cover covers the portion of the top edge of the dome as well as the bottom of the fixture.
- Use your fingertips to hold the top edge of the ring cover on two sides. To remove the ring cover, pull it straight down slowly. The ring cover sticks to the fixture with the help of stick glue. Remove the ring cover fully and place it in a dust-free area to prevent the dirt inside and on the glue area.
- Use your fingers to turn the three screws fixing the dome globe to the fixture counterclockwise. Now, remove the dome globe from the fixture.
- Add a new bulb and unthread the old/faulty one. Put the dome globe back onto the light kit.
- Secure the three screws evenly by tightening them to fix the dome globe to the fixture. Put the ring cover equally over the outer top edge of the globe, fixing it into place by pressing it. The glue is stick in nature and holds onto the fixture.
We hope that you are able to know how to change a light bulb in a Hunter ceiling fan. You can also choose a Light Bulb for Hunter ceiling fan in this article.
- How to Program a Hunter Ceiling Fan Remote
- Hunter Ceiling Fan Light not working
- How to Fix Hunter Fan Wall Switch Not Working?